A Beginner's Guide to Investing: How to Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way Author: Alex H Frey | Language: English | ISBN:
1477463992 | Format: PDF
A Beginner's Guide to Investing: How to Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way Description
About the Author
Alex Frey has been an active investor since age 16, when he first began to build discounted cash flow models on his parents' dining room table. Since then, Alex has worked for one of the leading investment management firms in the world, received an MBA from Harvard Business School, and passed all of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exams. Alex is the author of "A Beginner's Guide to Investing", which has been acclaimed as providing a "no nonsense" guide to investing that is "seriously underpriced" and "informative even for the most knowledgeable investor." A Beginner's Guide to Investing has been listed among the top-selling investing books on amazon.com for the better part of the past year.
Ivy Bytes is an innovative start-up building authoritative, yet accessible guides to subjects in the fields of politics, current events, economics, and finance. Ivy Bytes books are thoroughly researched and extensively fact-checked, so that you can be sure you are getting the latest in mainstream thought - not misguided conspiracy theories or reckless self-promotion.
- Paperback: 100 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 5, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1477463992
- ISBN-13: 978-1477463994
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
As I inch closer to retirement, I am becoming painfully aware that I have not done a very good job managing my retirement accounts. Don't get me wrong - I have always seen the value and contributed to my retirement, and I have my savings and my 401(k) and my company-sponsored ESOP. But the recent recession and fluctuations in the market helped me realize I haven't really been in control. I know I have options where to put my retirement dollars, I just don't know what the best options are. I purchased A Beginner's Guide to Investing (BGI) to help educate myself about my options.
The best thing about BGI is that is is very concise. It is difficult to find a book these days that doesn't seem to have a page count in mind, and an author who doesn't just keep writing to fill up that page count, when a much shorter book could convey the same information. Frey keeps things very simple and short, explaining what various market options exist, and how and why investing in a diversified portfolio can improve your chances of coming out ahead in the game. He uses everyday analogies to explain market concepts, which will be welcomed by many novice investors.
However, the tone was a bit too familiar for my taste - I would have preferred a more technical approach - and many of the concepts introduced seemed simplistic to me (e.g., compounded interest, the difference between stocks and bonds, and how tax deferral benefits an investor). But I understand this is supposed to be a primer, and not everyone has the same knowledge, so Frey had to hit all of the basics.
A Beginner's Guide to Investing: How to Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way Preview
Link
Please Wait...